My favorite Pastime .... mowing the lawn with Uncle Aaron!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS THIS YEAR!

OK.....SO MY MOM HASN'T PUT ANYTHING ON HERE FOR ALMOST A YEAR---SORRY! I WANT TO TELL YOU ALL ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO ME IN THE PAST YEAR!
1. I CAUGHT UP IN SCHOOL. I AM NOW AT GRADE LEVEL FOR EVERYTHING!
2. I LOVE MATH. I AM IN A REGULAR MATH CLASS WITH ALL THE 6TH GRADERS THIS YEAR, AND I THINK IT'S TOO EASY!
3. I USE MY HANDS TO NAVIGATE MY COMPUTER....I'M WORKING ON USING AN ADAPTIVE KEYBOARD SO I CAN USE A REGULAR COMPUTER LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!
4. I CAN SIT FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES BY MYSELF....SOMETIMES LOTS LONGER!
5. I CAN USE A FORK TO EAT WITH, BUT I STILL NEED HELP POKING THE FOOD....I'M WORKING ON THAT!
6. I'M SO GOOD AT DRIVING MY POWER WHEELCHAIR THAT I ACTUALLY ESCAPED OUT THE FRONT DOOR OF SCHOOL AND WAS GOING HOME WHEN THEY FOUND ME IN THE PARKING LOT!
7. I DON'T DROOL VERY MUCH ANY MORE!
8. I'M WORKING ON WALKING WITH CANES!
9. I CAN THROW A BASEBALL....A LEAST 10 FEET!
10. I STILL LOVE THE COLORADO ROCKIES!

4 comments:

  1. That is unbelievable!!! I have been following along since you guys went to Germany and happened to check the website today (I found out you were going right when we moved). He will be mowing the lawn himself in no time!! I hope you guys are doing well.

    Lane Feingold
    (your old neighbor from across the street)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! Your update made me smile... You offer such hope for our son Ethan (who's 5 with CP as well)...
    We just returned from the Xcell Center in July and in the weeks following the treatment have already seen such miraculous results.

    Thanks for sharing your update & story! Keep up the great work!

    http://ethanwalks.blogspot.com
    Lisa Radtke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harrison all of your wonderful accomplishments give us so much hope!
    My Makayla has been accepted to recieve treatment at Xcell center. We can't wait to get there.
    I am very interested in any tips you might have for us. Feel free to email me massagebyfelisha@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Harrison! It sounds like you've had a big year full of many successes. If you ever need any medical or legal resources, or you just want to get involved in the cerebral palsy community, check out Cerebral Palsy Family Network. I think you'll find it helpful, informative, and a great resource for all things CP!

    ReplyDelete